Relax and Rehabilitate
Once thought of as a relaxation indulgence, massage therapy is now considered to be medically necessary for rehabilitation and general well-being. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Specifically, massage therapy is effective in treating injuries, pain, repetitive strain, and muscle tension. Some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
You will experience a massage that is specific to your individual needs whether it’s medical massage for an injury, deep tissue, or relaxation. Licensed massage therapists are on staff for weekday and Saturday appointments.
NYSHIP Empire plan insurance patients are eligible for massage therapy coverage related to a specific injury. A prescription from your doctor or chiropractor is required. Call today for more information.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduce stress and increase relaxation
- Reduce pain and muscle soreness and tension
- Improving circulation, energy, and alertness
- Lower heart rate and blood pressure
- Improving immune function